1.20.2012

dressing mannequins...

 image via here.

At work yesterday, I spent the day dressing mannequins...and it was SO much fun! I needed lots of help from L to begin with, but it was such an exciting learning process.  It's amazing how one little tug on some fabric can make such a huge difference in the overall look of the outfit.  I can't wait to learn and do more!

On a side note, while I was dressing the forms, I was thinking a lot about the design process.  About how designers drape and measure on dress forms like the ones I was using.  And it was exciting to me.  I'm feeling so confused right now as to what my career path should look like...but I know that I am passionate about fashion and design.  I guess all of these experiences will help to narrow my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment