10.27.2011

new closet troubles.

I am having such a difficult time transitioning {closet-wise} from living on my own to moving back home.  My closet at my old apartment was huuuge and now I have a closet this size:

(eeww look at those ugly plastic hangers - need to get on that!)

I've been working on organizing the best I can, but still there is just not enough space. I've had to take things that would normally be in my closet {sweaters, scarves, this little white dresser I have, allll of my shoes} and find creative ways to organize them. I've put my sweaters and scarves in the little dresser and the dresser out in my room. My shoes don't all fit in my closet the way I'd like them to, so I've kept ones I don't wear that often in their boxes out of the way. I also have a large plastic container used for more shoes I don't wear that often that didn't have boxes:


Some of my white ikea kassett boxes are on the shelf above my clothes. The whole closet is pretty poorly-planned - with a single bar way up high and a single shelf, the builders definitely didn't utilize the space effectively. I want my dad to build in another shorter bar somewhere for jeans, skirts, etc. Can you see why I've been posting a lot about gorgeous closets?!  I'm envious!

No comments:

Post a Comment