7.17.2011

Inspiration board part II

I finished almost finished my inspiration board this weekend!  After ironing my fabric, I laid it out on the board.  Then, I taped off the black faux wooden border so I wouldn't get spray adhesive on it.


Because the fabric was already lined up where I wanted it on the board, I just folded back sections at a time and spray-adhesived away!  I quickly smoothed out the fabric after laying it back on the board.  


Then, I started putting in the upholstery tacks, spacing them out using my finger.


As you can see, because my board is so cheap and thin, the tacks stuck out of the back of the board.  I used fabric paint to cover the sharp edges so I wouldn't cut myself!



And here's the finished almost finished product! (Please ignore the mismatched fabrics on the dresser and the board!)



I say it's almost finished because I ran out of upholstery tacks and couldn't finish the border.  I even went back to the fabric store today, but they still hadn't replenished the ones I bought on Thursday!  I bought smaller ones instead to see if maybe I could make those work, but they didn't look right.  I'm going to use the smaller tacks to pin things to the board.

And I realize that I have to do something about the mismatched fabric.  I guess the board won't be leaning on the dresser...unless I paint the top of the dresser and ditch the toile!!  Now that's an idea!  I'll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment