9.13.2011

cleaning the closet

image via ikea.
The picture is a beautiful PAX closet system via ikea.  A walk in closet was created by separating a space for a closet from a small bedroom.  WANT THIS.

Since I am getting ready to move soon, I've been working on cleaning out my closet. for real.  I always say I'm going to clean it out, yet end up hanging on to things that I don't wear ("maybe I'll wear it one day...") or that don't fit me anymore ("maybe one day I will fit into this again...").  It's a very annoying trait of mine.  BUT I came to the realization the other day (don't laugh that I'm just getting this now) that I may as well get rid of stuff because it is just taking up precious space in my closet AND I will want new things later anyway.  Duh, Erin!  Not sure why it took me so long to put this together (I blame my packrat of a father!) but I'm so glad I came to this realization.  I literally have hugggee bags of stuff that I will be trying to sell on ebay or donate.  And now there is plenty of room in my closet for new stuff! :)


ps - shout out to my awesome friend eab for helping me declutter my closet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment