11.13.2012

holidays are coming!

It's starting to feel a lot like the holidays! This is my absolute favorite time of year, when it's starting to get cold (cold enough to snow!) and the decorations start to emerge from closets and attics. The red cups appear at Starbucks.  Trees start to go up (a friend of mine already has hers up!) and it just feels cheerful. I love all of the bright colors present during the Thanksgiving/Christmas season, but at the same time, neutrals feel so right too. The bedrooms below look perfectly cozy and wintry with the white and neutrals mixed in.

Traditional Bedroom design by Houston Architect Maison Market



Traditional Bedroom design by Chicago Architect Morgante Wilson Architects

My bedroom at the moment is very neutral.  My bed, furniture, walls, and curtains are all WHITE.  Which can be pretty, but I need some color in my life (despite how much I like the gorgeous bedrooms above!).  My project for this week is to paint my furniture hot pink.  I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, and my room just needs something!!  I will be sure to post before and after photos, assuming things go well.
 
Getting back to the holidays, I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week.  It's going to be a different experience this year for me.  This will be the first year I haven't spent Thanksgiving with my immediate family.  I just can't make it home to Charleston, so will be celebrating with my Grandma and my mom's side of the family here in New York.  I'm very excited to see these family members, but it will just be a little different.  Planning now about what I'm going to bring! Possibly some pumpkin bread...and if that turns out well, I may just share my recipe!
 
all images via Houzz.com

1 comment:

  1. It is absolutely stunning! It brightens up my living space so much. Highly recommended! original abstract canvas art
    The red colors of the leaves are beautiful. I like the 3D. original hand painted canvas art

    ReplyDelete