11.08.2012

discovery.

dear friends,
It has been quite a while.  A lot of things have been going on in my life - good things!

I moved to New York (!) at the end of May - I finally, finally did it and have never been happier.


I sold my car.  I put my jewelry business on the back burner.  I got a new job.  I lost my new job.  I survived Hurricane Sandy.  I've rediscovered my love for creating.  I want my jewelry business on the front burner. 

I've discovered a lot about myself - and am so excited for my future here in my new home.  And I can't wait to get back to writing. 

I've been working through the book 48 Days to the Work You Love by Dan Miller, and let me tell you, it has been eye-opening.  The most important thing I have realized is that I like to make beautiful things, and ordinary things beautiful.  I've never been told before the past couple of weeks (from the book and others) that creating needs to be a part of my career for my ultimate happiness.  Never once.  I've always thought that creating had to be a hobby, that it was something from which I could never make a living.  That I was destined to work in the medical field and create at night - if I wasn't too exhausted.  Do you know how amazing this news is to me?!  It's exhilarating! This book, in addition to words from others around me, has inspired me to truly search for what it is I've been created to do. 

With that being said, here's to breathing new life into this blog (posts and design) and my business, to New York, and to discovery!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! This is so awesome and inspiring to read. SO happy for you! And excited to see these beautiful things! Remember that totally cute little green store in Chs right by the projects on logan st....
    Love, Brittney

    ReplyDelete